GPU Application Hackathon 2020 (GAH - 2020) is an event designed to investigate and implement the latest parallelization and optimization techniques for upscaling scientific applications on GPGPUs. Scheduled in the month of September, 2020(dates will be communicated shortly). GAH-2020 is organized by OpenACC.org in association with C-DAC and NVIDIA under the aegis of National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
GAH – 2020 gives a unique opportunity to participating teams to jumpstart their journey towards parallelization, acceleration, or optimization of their existing application on GPUs using any preferred tools and technologies. Teams will be closely mentored, monitored and guided by expert from respective domain of the target application. Teams and experts would deliberate, decide and implement some of the most well-established parallelization and optimization techniques using GPU into their application source code. In the end, each team should have significantly accelerated their code or gotten to know which steps to take next to continue working further on the same.
- The software must run and produce consistent output.
- Both sequential and parallel application is eligible. However parallel applications likely to achieve good scalability would be preferred.
- Application having HPC background would be given preferences.
- Open source, closed source or proprietary application are allowed.
- Application having wide usability and impact are encouraged.
- It is preferable that each team have minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 members those are well versed with their application nature and source code structure. Collectively the team should know the application intimately from the perspective of programming and domain knowledge
- Hackathon committee shall have final authority in selecting applications as per the suitability and nature of the proposals.
About This Event
This is going to be an online event. Selected teams will be assigned mentors and are expected to engage themselves into technical discussion / presentation / deliberation / code performance evaluation with their respective mentor prior to the event. Participants will get access to compute cluster made available by C-DAC.
On the last day of the hackathon, every team will be required to present their learnings and achievement as a technical report – one member of the team shall present it to all attendees during closing ceremony. These reports shall be shared with all partnering organization. Based on agreement between mentor and the participants, further collaboration opportunities may be possible.
- IPR of the applications and any outcome resulting from this interaction, will stay with the respective original application developers, proposer or as defined by the existing license policy of the software.
- The usage of the system / infrastructure must solely be limited to and should be in alignment with the purpose of the event.
Benefits to Participants
- Unique opportunity to get mentored for your application by well recognized domain experts across academia, research and industry from within and outside India.
- Upgrading application performance within short span of time.
- Experimenting with your application on latest architectures of computing system.
- New levels of performance of your code, time with experts, ability to run on supercomputers and unforgettable experience might bring you closer to a new paper or talk.
- Potential opportunity to have further collaboration with mentors even after the event.
- Certificate of participation.
The event is intended for current or prospective user groups of large hybrid CPU-GPU systems to send teams of 3 or 6 developers along with either (1) a (potentially) scalable application that could benefit from GPU acceleration, or (2) an application running on accelerators that needs optimization.
Stay and Travel
This is an online event and all the sessions will be conducted via Zoom. Registration and Participation in GAH-2020 are free.
For more information please email to [email protected]
Important Event Dates
Deadline to Apply