This 2-day online Bootcamp will take place on December 7th and 8th, 2021. This event is designed to teach researchers how AI can accelerate HPC simulations by introducing the concepts of Deep Neural Networks, including data pre-processing, and techniques on how to build, compare and improve the accuracy of deep learning models. We will introduce real-world problems, where participants learn AI concepts with step-by-step instructions using learned techniques.
The CHPC AI for Science Bootcamp will be hosted online in the South Africa Standard Time (SAST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with Python. No GPU programming or AI knowledge is required.
Attendees will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of the GPU Bootcamp.
Day 1 (Intro): December 7th, 2021 (all times are SAST)
- Welcome (Moderator): 10:00 AM
- Connecting to a cluster: 10:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- Introduction to GPU computing: 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM (Lecture)
- Introduction to AI: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Lecture)
- CNN Primer and Keras 101: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced): December 8th, 2021 (all times are SAST)
- Tropical cycle detection: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM (Lab + Challenge)
- Break 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Steady Flow Estimation 11:45 AM - 1:15 PM (Challenge)
Important Event Dates
CHPC AI for Science Bootcamp Application Deadline
CHPC AI for Science Bootcamp Day 1
CHPC AI for Science Bootcamp Day 2