During this two-day online Bootcamp, participants will learn about multiple GPU programming models and can choose the one that best fits their needs to run their scientific codes on GPUs. This Bootcamp will cover an introduction to GPU programming using OpenACC, OpenMP, stdpar and CUDA C, and provides hands-on opportunities to learn how to analyse GPU-enabled applications using NVIDIA® Nsight™ Systems. This online Bootcamp is a hands-on learning experience where you will be guided through step-by-step instructions with teaching assistants on hand to help throughout.
This 2-day Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Central European Time (CET) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with C/C++ or Fortran. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
- Attendees will be given access to HPC Vega for the duration of the Bootcamp.
- To receive cluster access, all accepted attendees will go through the vetting process and would need to accept the terms and conditions defined on HPC Vega Cluster Access page.
Please visit HPC Vega Info Page to learn the Slovenia’s first and only peta-scale supercomputer.
Day 1 (Intro) February 10, 2022: 09:00am - 04:00pm CET
- 09:00 AM - 09:15 AM: Welcome (Moderator)
- 09:15 AM - 09:30 AM: Connecting to a Cluster
- 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Introduction to GPU Computing (Lecture)
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM: Accelerating Standard C++ and Fortran with GPUs (Lecture and Lab)
- 10:45 AM - 11:00 AM: Break
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM: Directive Based Programming with OpenMP and OpenACC on GPU (Lecture and Lab)
- 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM: Lunch
- 01:30 PM - 04:00 PM: CUDA C/Fortran Programming (Lecture + Lab)
Day 2 (Challenge: Hands-on) February 11, 2022: 09:00am - 12:30pm CET
- 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Teaching assistants are assigned to help with the code challenge
- 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM: Wrap up and QA
Important Event Dates
EuroHPC Vega N-Ways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Application Deadline
EuroHPC Vega N-Ways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Day 1
EuroHPC Vega N-Ways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Day 2