The Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI), in association with NVIDIA and OpenACC, is organizing a two-day training Bootcamp program on accelerating applications on NVIDIA GPUs. This Bootcamp is specifically designed and tuned for users of the KISTI supercomputer and will be held in the local language of Korean.
During this hands-on training, participants will learn about multiple GPU programming models and can choose the one that best fits their needs to run their scientific codes on GPUs. The Bootcamp will cover an introduction to GPU programming using C++ Parallel Constructs, parallel programming frameworks like OpenACC and OpenMP, as well as programming models like CUDA C. At the end of the Bootcamp, participants will run a mini-application challenge and apply their learned knowledge to accelerate an application.
This two-day online Bootcamp will be taught in the local language and hosted online in the Korean Standard Time (KST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack, and email.
Basic experience with C/C++ programming is needed. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
This event has limited capacity, so please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying.
Selected participants will be receiving an acceptance email with details on how to participate. Participants will be selected based on the details provided in the application form.
Teams attending the event will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of this event.
* The agenda may be changed accordingly.
Day 1 (Introduction): July 26, 2021 (All times are KST)
- Welcome (Moderator): 9:00 AM - 9:15AM
- Connecting to a Cluster: 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM (Lecture)
- Introduction to GPU Computing: 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM (Lecture)
- Introduction to Profiling Tools: 10:15 AM - 11:00 AM
- Lunch Break : 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Connecting to a cluster : 12:30 PM - 13:30 PM
- Accelerating Standard C++ , Fortran : 13:30 PM - 15:00 PM(Lecture + Lab)
- Directive Based Programming with OpenMP /OpenACC on GPU : 15:00 PM - 16:00 PM
Day 2 (Advanced): July 27, 2021 (All times are KST)
- CUDA C Programming 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Lecture + Lab)
- Lunch Break : 11:00 AM -12:30 PM
- Mini-Application Challenge : 12:30 PM - 14:30 PM
- Wrap-up : 14:30 PM - 15:30 PM (Feedback)
Important Event Dates
KISTI GPU Bootcamp 2021 Application Deadline
KISTI GPU Bootcamp 2021 Day 1
KISTI GPU Bootcamp 2021 Day 2