The Portuguese EuroCC National Center of Competence, in collaboration with NVIDIA and OpenACC.org, is hosting a GPU programming Bootcamp aimed primarily at the community of Portuguese researchers and students who use GPUs as the main tool for their HPC workloads.
During this two-day online Bootcamp, participants will learn about multiple GPU programming models and can choose the one that best fits their needs to run their scientific codes on GPUs. This Bootcamp will cover an introduction to GPU programming using OpenACC, OpenMP, stdpar and CUDA C, and provides hands-on opportunities to learn how to analyse GPU-enabled applications using NVIDIA® Nsight™ Systems. This online Bootcamp is a hands-on learning experience where you will be guided through step-by-step instructions with teaching assistants on hand to help throughout.
This 2-day Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Western European Standard Time (WET) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with C/C++ or Fortran. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
Attendees will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of the Bootcamp.
Day 1 (Intro) April 13, 2022: 09:00am - 04:00pm WET
- 09:00 AM - 09:15 AM: Welcome (Moderator)
- 09:15 AM - 09:30 AM: Connecting to a Cluster
- 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Introduction to GPU Computing (Lecture)
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM: Accelerating Standard C++ and Fortran with GPUs (Lecture and Lab)
- 10:45 AM - 11:00 AM: Break
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM: Directive Based Programming with OpenMP and OpenACC on GPU (Lecture and Lab)
- 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM: Lunch
- 01:30 PM - 04:00 PM: CUDA C/Fortran Programming (Lecture + Lab)
Day 2 (Hands-on) April 14, 2022: 09:00am - 12:30pm WET
- 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Teaching assistants are assigned to help with the code challenge
- 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM: Wrap up and QA
Important Event Dates
NCC Portugal Nways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Application Deadline
NCC Portugal Nways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Day 1
NCC Portugal Nways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Day 2