During this two-day online Bootcamp, participants will learn how to apply AI tools, techniques and algorithms to real-life problems. You will study the core concepts of Deep Neural Networks, how to build Deep Learning models as well as how to measure and improve the accuracy of your models. You will also learn essential data pre-processing techniques to ensure a robust Machine Learning pipeline. This online Bootcamp is a hands-on learning experience where you will be guided through step-by-step instructions with teaching assistants on hand to help throughout.
This 2-day Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with Python. No GPU programming or AI knowledge is required.
Attendees will be given access to JADE 2 Deep Learning supercomputer for the duration of the Bootcamp.
Visit JADE 2 | Bull Atos NVIDIA DGX1 Max-Q Deep Learning supercomputer page for more information.
Day 1 (Introduction): February 17, 2022 (All times are GMT)
- 09:15 AM - 09:30 AM: Connecting to a cluster
- 09:30 AM - 10:30 AM: Intro to RAPIDS Eco system
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Lab 1: Using RAPIDS CuDF
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM: Lab 2: Using RAPIDS CuML
- 11:00 PM - 12:00 PM: CNN Primer and Keras 101 (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced): February 18, 2022 (All times are GMT)
- 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Lab 3: Using RAPIDS Dask ( Multi-GPU )
- 10:00 AM - 12:15 PM: Gene Expression Classification/Bike Rental Prediction (Mini challenge)
(Participants convert SkLearn based real-world examples to using RAPIDS)
- 12:15 PM - 12:30 PM : QA and Wrap Up
Important Event Dates
STFC- Hartree Centre RAPIDS Bootcamp Application Deadline
STFC- Hartree Centre RAPIDS Bootcamp Day 1
STFC- Hartree Centre RAPIDS Bootcamp Day 2