University of Florida (UF) Hackathon is a multi-day intensive hands-on event designed to help computational scientists and researchers port and optimize their applications using GPUs. It pairs participants with dedicated mentors experienced in GPU programming and development in AI, HPC, and data science applications.
The event will provide participants with guidance on their domain-specific simulation tools to port their applications to GPU accelerators or to further optimize already ported applications. Participating teams should leave the event either with applications running on GPUs or a clear roadmap of next steps to leverage GPUs.
The event will utilize computing resources from HiPerGator AI, UF’s supercomputer, currently ranked No. 2 in U.S. higher education.
Event will be hosted online with all times Eastern Time (ET). All communications and collaborations will be conducted via Zoom, Slack and email.
- Teams are expected to be fluent with the code or project they bring to the event and motivated to make progress during the Hackathon.
- At least 3 team members must be participating throughout the entire event.
- Projects brought to the event are required to have a license attached and detailed in the application. For more information on why licenses are important and how to obtain one, please use the following links:
- No advanced GPU skills are required, but teams are expected to know the basics of GPU programming and profiling. A collection of GPU lectures, tutorials, and labs are available for all participants at no fee. Please contact organizers for more information to help you prepare for the Hackathon.
GPU Compute Resource
Teams attending the event will be given access to HPG AI, the NVIDIA DGX A100 SuperPOD, for the duration of the Hackathon.
Attending the Hackathon
If your team is accepted for the Hackathon, registration information will be provided along with mentor introductions and computational resource access. Accepted teams should:
- Register all team members for the event.
- Review the attendee guide.
Important Event Dates
University of Florida Hackathon 2022 Application Deadline
University of Florida Hackathon 2022 Team/Mentor Meeting
University of Florida Hackathon 2022 Day 1
University of Florida Hackathon 2022 Day 2
University of Florida Hackathon 2022 Day 3
University of Florida Hackathon 2022 Day 4