During this two-day online Bootcamp, participants will learn how to apply AI tools, techniques and algorithms to real-life problems. You will study the core concepts of Deep Neural Networks, how to build Deep Learning models as well as how to measure and improve the accuracy of your models. You will also learn essential data pre-processing techniques to ensure a robust Machine Learning pipeline. This online Bootcamp is a hands-on learning experience where you will be guided through step-by-step instructions with teaching assistants on hand to help throughout.
This 2-day Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Central European Time (CET) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with Python. No GPU programming or AI knowledge is required.
Attendees will be given access to Cyfronet HPC resources for the duration of the Bootcamp. To receive cluster access, all accepted attendees will go through the vetting process and would need to accept the terms and conditions of ACC Cyfronet AGH and PLGrid Infrastructure.
Day 1 (Intro) February 24, 2022: 9:30am - 12:30pm CET
- 09:30 AM - 09:45 AM: Welcome (Moderator)
- 09:45 AM - 10:00 AM: Connecting to a cluster
- 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Introduction to GPU computing (Lecture)
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Introduction to AI (Lecture)
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM: CNN Primer and Keras 101 (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced) February 25, 2022: 9:30am - 1:00pm CET
- 09:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Tropical cycle detection (Lab + Challenge)
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Break
- 11:15 AM - 12:45 PM: Steady Flow Estimation (Challenge)
- 12:45 PM - 1:00 PM: Wrap up and Q&A
Important Event Dates
Cyfronet AI for Science Bootcamp Application Deadline
Cyfronet AI for Science Bootcamp Day 1
Cyfronet AI for Science Bootcamp Day 2